Thursday, January 28, 2010

Highway to Rock and Roll

Austen:"Hey look at this! Oh My God! It's so beautiful! Its like we are in Africa!"

We reached Aircraft Station which is 3 station away from Werribee Station. Austen was wearing a short Grey army pants, a black rocking-T, his rock star black leather jacket and his Diesel Sunglasses. I was wearing a fucking lame Grey hoody with a blue Tommy-T and a jeans. I was carrying my hard case with my bass inside it and both of it weighted around 6kg.

It was 7pm and the wind was strong. I can't walk properly because the strong wind blew on the hard case and the heavy hard case was swinging left to right and right to left. I hold the handle of the case with both hands and my body was swinging with the wind's blowing direction. Austen was walking in front of me and keep urged me to hurry because I'm gonna be so late for the audition. The whole scenario was like I am Austen's servant, carrying his bass and he's the rock star rushing for the audition.

We went to the McD near the train station for direction. The McD lady was so shocked when we said we are actually reaching there by 'bus eleven'. She gave us the direction by writing down street names and turning point on a piece of tissue. I was thinking: How far can that be?! I was so FUCKING WRONG!

Austen was enjoying his Mighty Angus burger and I'm holding the case and his drink. The source was all over his mouth, and some on his nose! Here starts our walking journey to the audition.

We walked.....walked.....walked.......walked.......and fucking walked......
We took turn to carry the case because my arm can't handle the weight for a long period of time.
Along the way, we were talking craps and shits...it was all fun.....

After an hour walking, we were half dead......

Me:"Dude! Are we fucking there yet?"
Austen:"Dude....we are not even half way yet! Hang on!"
Me:"Not even half way but I'm half dead!"

We approached a guy on his 50's for clarification of our direction. He said:" Oh? You guys walking there? Is about a mile from here..good luck!"

Austen:" Thank you" Then he turned to me and whispered:"That guy is just being sarcastic!"
Me:"Austen, if we are driving, it's different story, but we are fucking walking there of course it seems like a mile!"

We walked across the river called Skeleton Creek on a highway bridge. We walked along the field of yellow grass...everything was so beautiful.
Oh fuck! Wait a minute! How can a studio located in such remote place?
We just keep walking, singing Motley Crue songs....shouting in misery.....

Suddenly, Austen came out with a pretty damn good question;
Austen:" Dude, after the audition, are we gonna walk back to the station?!"
I stared at him and I can't voice a word......

After 2 hours of walking, finally we reached our destination. Good news was we reached there in one piece, and the bad news was i was late for one and a half hour.

After meeting the band mates, quickly I unloaded my gears and get ready for the audition.
The band tested me with few songs. Things went well....we jammed and I enjoyed it, and I'm in!

Felishia, the lead singer told me that the band might practice 3-4 times per week. I was like....WHAT THE FUCK?! It was totally a NO deal for me, it's not about the 2 hours walking every time and the distance from the city....it's about where's my fucking time for my incoming semester's study? I told her that I'll have to consider about it before I made the decision. She told me that I was good and hope that I'll accept the practice schedule unconditionally.

Luckily, the lead guitarist offered to fetch us back to the station and we are on our way back to the city!

This is the most 'historical' day for me. Austen said:"Dude, We were like rock and roll stars man....we travel so far just for the sake of music! Shen Hwa, you are on your way to rock and roll man!"

Still a long way for me to actually reach the title of Rock And Roll....it sounds easy......It SOUNDS EASY ONLY......

No comments: